Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Convicted, Exonerated, then What?

CBS Sunday Morning provides some insight. Hear the story of 62 year-old Beverly Monroe, who says of her experience, "The minute you're falsely accused, your life is gone. Your life as you know it will never be the same. You lose everything that you had in a normal life. For me it was house, job, career, income, separation from my family. You lose all of those normal basics."

Take ten minutes and hear her story and those of others in this video:

Watch CBS Videos Online

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The country I once thought was true and just is in fact a dictatorship. I am not being facetious. The people, either through apathy or blind allegiance have permitted authoritarians to take control of our lives. I can't comprehend why judges and prosecutors have immunity from deliberate wrongdoing. The 'justice' system (so-called human beings) in the U.S. is the quintessence of evil.